How to Tie The Double Surgeon's Knot
The Double Surgeon's Knot is a quick, easy way to
tie a loop in the end of a leader. The Surgeon's knot can also be used
to form a quick loop to attach a lure or hook.
Instructions for tying the Surgeon's Knot
- Double the line over to form a loop. Make a single overhand
knot in the doubled-over line making sure to not tighten the knot down
- Then, bring the loop end around and through the overhand
- Holding the loop in one hand, and the tag end and standing
line in the other hand, gently pull to snug the knot down.
- Moistening the knot with water first will help tio lubricate
the line. Then the line will slide more easily and form a tighter knot.
- Trim tag end to 1/8 inch.
- Tying the Surgeon's Knot is complete.
Directions for tying the Double Surgeon's Knot:
Learn to tie these other strong fishing knots